with school paints
Here is a quick recipe to thicken a water based school tempera poster paint. This takes about 10 minutes to cook and has a great thick smooth texture that is ideal for finger painting. Depending on the amount of paint you need - increase or decrease the quantities of this recipe.
Learn how easy it is to paint a butterfly with mirror painting.
What You Need:
4 x spoons of Corn-starch, 3 cups water, small sealable containers.
Recipe for thickening Temper Poster Paint:
1. Add 4 x level teaspoons of corn-starch with 3 x cups of water in a pot, mixing until all combined.
2. Heat the mixture over low heat, stirring it until the corn-starch dissolves and is smooth and thick.
3. Allow the mixture to cool.
4. Add the thickener to your tempera in a slow pour, stirring the paint until you get the viscosity desired. Don't add too much at once, as you will have to add a much greater quantity of paint to get it back to a thinner consistency. If you add far too much, it is may be more economical to discard the paint and start again.
5. You can keep the remaining thickener in a sealed jar. Stir it well before using it again. If paint is too thick, add small amounts of water and mix thoroughly, until you get the desired consistency.www.schoolpaints.com
Follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Goggle Plus and Flipboard.