School Paints Handprint fabric prints
LEVEL: Pre-school and Early Primary.
This activity is always popular as a meaningful take home artwork for kids to give to their parents and grandparents. They can be t-shirts, hats, towels or even pillow covers.
: A solid colour cotton fabric to paint on. More basic the better.
: A permanent fabric ink or paint. FAS Fastex textile ink is ideal.
: Plastic table top or you can cover a table with a plastic sheet.
: Paint brushes or sponges and shallow trays
: Have plenty of water and old towels for a quick clean up.
: Apron and a cover sheet or newspapers – plus paper towels.
- Watch the video below.
- Be ready with paper towels to clean as you go. It will get messy.
- Use solid colour and light colour fabric.
- Mixing colours gets messy.
- Do a test run on card or paper first.
- Don’t use a tempera paint and dyes they will come out in the wash.
- Use a dedicated fabric ink. Needing to be heat-set is a sign of a lasting permanent ink.
[ Follow us on Facebook and Pinterest ]