Monoprinting for Kids with school paints
|Mono Printing for Kids with school paints|
: Sketch Paper
: Tempera Paint in simple bold colours
: Paint pots or dishes.
: Printing plate: (old plastic placemat, styrofoam board, any flat non-porous surface). We used a small sheet of plexiglas. You can use a wipe-able bench top.
: Roller or a wide paint brush.
: Apron and a cover sheet, newspapers or paper towels.
|Mono printing: Rolling out the tempera paint|
|Monoprinting Kids can make fun and interesting designs|
- Printing plate: just needs to be a wipe able surface.
- Less is more. Try not to overdo the designs.
- Your designs will always come out in a reversed mirror image.
- Pressing hard on the paper while printing can turn your image into a blotchy mess.
- The children decided to do fish with blue paint and flowers with red paint.